2017 Jeep Cherokee Performance Specs and Features
At a time when many SUVs are scaling down their capabilities, the 2017 Jeep Cherokee continues to be a trusted name for genuine SUV performance with commanding 4×4 prowess, Selec-Terrain® Traction Management, and a Trailhawk edition that tacks on even more off-road features for genuinely world-class performance. If you’re interested in an SUV that seems to surpass the competition in every way, come check out the new Jeep Cherokee at Best Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Plymouth, MA.
There are two different engine options on the 2017 Jeep Cherokee, both of which get a standard nine-speed automatic transmission on the other end of the powertrain:
- 2.4L Tigershark® MultiAir® 2 Engine – The base engine is good for 184 hp, 171 lb-ft of torque, and a max towing capacity of 2,000 pounds.
- 3.2L Pentastar® V6 Engine – Upgrade to the 3.2L V6 for a total output of 271 hp and 239 lb-ft of torque. When equipped with the available towing package, a Cherokee with this powertrain is able to tow up to 4,500 pounds.
Opt for the Jeep Cherokee’s available four-wheel drive (4×4) system for serious off-roading sure-footedness. Highlights include:
- Selec-Terrain® Traction Management System – This system assists you by calibrating the performance for a variety of different driving conditions, including AUTO, SNOW, SPORT, and SAND/MUD.
- Brake Lock Differential – Stay in control no matter what the conditions are with the help of the Brake Lock Differential.
- Rear Axle Disconnect – This feature helps to increase efficiency without sacrificing performance.
When you need an SUV that can tackle the most difficult off-road conditions, opt for the Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk edition. When you choose the Trailhawk, you’ll get features like:
- Jeep Active Drive II – This more advanced version of Jeep Active Drive adds a LOW mode for when you need serious low-speed traction, as well as a neutral mode for RV towing capabilities.
- Rock Mode – In addition to the other settings on the Selec-Terrain® system, the Trailhawk model adds a ROCK setting.
- Higher Ground Clearance – This model gets a 1-inch ground clearance lift and skid plates to make it both easier and safer to go off-roading.
- Tow Hooks – This model comes with two tow hooks up front and one in back.
- All-Terrain Tires – The Trailhawk’s seriously capable off-road tires give you even more traction on difficult terrain.
Take On More with the 2017 Jeep Cherokee
Whether you’re heading off on a trip to the White Mountains or for a weekend in the Berkshires, the 2017 Jeep Cherokee will ensure you’re ready for each and every adventure. Find out about financing the Cherokee at Best Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, located at 520 Colony Pl Rd in Plymouth, MA. We’re open every day, and you can reach us directly at (508) 927-1815.